Answered By: Professor Janet Ward, MLIS
Last Updated: Aug 27, 2016     Views: 49

To search for peer reviewed articles, you will want to search one or more of our online Research Databases at You can search a general database that covers a variety of topics (Academic Research Premier, Academic OneSource, etc) or you can search more subject specific databases (SocIndex, Social Sciences Full Text, Psychology and Behavioral Sciences Collection, Research Starters - Sociology)

Be sure to select the Full Text option when searching. You can also select Scholarly (peer reviewed) journal articles if needed. 

Try searching for terms such as:

ADHD AND deviant behavior

Attention-deficit hyperactivity disorder AND Depression 

Attention-deficit hyperactivity disorder AND SUBSTANCE abuse

Attention-deficit hyperactivity disorder OR OPPOSITIONAL defiant disorder AND deviant behavior

These are a few suggestions, you will find other terms to use for additional research as you search our databases. If you need further assistance please let us know. Thank you for using Ask A Librarian.