Answered By: Professor Janet Ward, MLIS
Last Updated: Sep 19, 2016     Views: 103

To search for peer reviewed articles, you will want to search one or more of our online Research Databases at You can search a general database that covers a variety of topics (Academic Research Premier, Academic OneSource, etc) or you can search more subject specific databases (SocIndex, ERIC, etc).

There is a check box for you to choose scholarly (peer-reviewed) journals. The location of this may vary depending on which database you use. For example, Academic Search Premier (a general database) has this box below the search box on the left. Other databases may have this option as a default, so it will already be selected. 

Search using terms appropriate for your topic. Also look for alternate terms such as: statistics, data analysis, comparative studies, behavioral theory, etc. 

Please contact the library if you need further assistance. Thank you for using Ask A Librarian!